-
July 9th, 2000, 04:24 AM
#11
Inactive Member
just under 2000 i would be very intrested too. i dont know where this shop is but i would be down. $2000jrsc WHAT! E-MAIL me if this goes through! bryan0502-aol
-
July 9th, 2000, 07:47 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Come on guys, don't kill the messenger!!! I am just telling you what he told me. I know people here have talked to him too. The last time I talked to him was around the end of June and he said if there wasn't 5 or more in it would be $2200 for the LS kit. If he had 5 or more it would be like $250 off. I have emailed him and am just waiting for his response. I am just doing what I can to help out some people here. $2500 or $2600 is too damn much money for this kit. I know it is cheaper than that out there somewhere and I may have found it with this guy. It doesn't hurt to check it out. His number and email is posted in one of my earlier responses on this thread so be free to call and talk to him if you are curious. Of course I would never buy anything w/o using my cc so if for some reason things go south I am covered. I don't think this is going to be a problem at all. I will keep you all up to date.
------------------
94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
AEM CAI
DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
Random Technology Cat
GReddy PE exhaust
Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
MSD 6AL
Skunkworks Coilovers
ACT 6 Puck
Turbo Convert
Supercharger on the way?
-
July 9th, 2000, 01:01 PM
#13
Inactive Member
I'm not trying to get too involved in other people's business, but, those of you who sell these things wholesale, what is the exact down-in-the-dirt lowest wholesale price for these superchargers. I saw on group buy they were about $2300.00 for the LS/RS/GS kit. The other thing I understand about this pricing is the person who gets 5 other people will be the only one to get the discount, everyone else will be at $2199.00.
When I posted earlier, I was willing to split the extra $150.00 with the other people, I know it's not much, but it's a start. I too am skeptical, but if VISA says I'm covered against fraud, I'm willing to give it a try. Unfortunately, we, the general public do not have, nor can get the information necessary to see if this deal is legit or not, we can only go by word-of-mouth, if someone has dealt with these guys before, or if someone, a legit JR DEALER, can tell us the exact cost to them. This will be the only way to know until a couple of us buy from this Intense Cars and see if it real or BS.
[This message has been edited by blownintegra (edited July 09, 2000).]
-
July 9th, 2000, 06:42 PM
#14
Inactive Member
I talked to him like 3-4 weeks ago and he told me the price would be $1899 without shipping. And shipping, around $2000!
And this was no "group buy thing".
Yeah, they sell stuff for REALLY CHEAP. If you check on ebay, he has lots of goodies for cheap.
-
July 9th, 2000, 11:21 PM
#15
Inactive Member
Hi guys, I got mine from somebody who got it at a group buy of some type and I got a good price but it was over $2000. I know a shop here in Atlanta who sells a ton of these JRSC's for Miatas as well as a few for GSRs and Hondas. The owner is a friend and he's told me that his price is higher than $2000. He does do discounts and stuff but he told me to get it somewhere else if I could buy it cheaper because he could not sell them for less than he pays!
I don't know the whole truth but he was really serious about not being able to sell them for anywhere close to $2000.
Manuel
------------------
'96 GSR, JRSC 6 psi, Greddy Sp, Apex 4-2-1, Home made CAI w/K&N, Ground controls coil overs, Eibach, AGX, DC short shifter, more stuff on the way....
-
July 9th, 2000, 11:51 PM
#16
Inactive Member
FYI: When I bought mine last year from Pat/Resistance Motorsports for $2450 shipped, (I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get screwed), Pat told me that Jackson Racing made him stop selling them for $2350 to "members" of Resistance Motorsports.
I smell bigtime BS with this deal. Even if the profit margin from wholesale to retail on these is big enough to make sub-2000 dollar sales profitable (which JRCivic says is not true - and I believe him), Jackson Racing watches its' retail market and would not make it easy for one person/shop to get enough blowers to complete this deal.
Greg
-
July 10th, 2000, 12:27 AM
#17
Inactive Member
Yo 96integrals,
Were you the one who lives in northern Cali that, when I posted this a couple of weeks back you said you'd look into this to see if this is legit? I can't remember who it was. Plus, where on E-bay is his stuff? I'm real curious about this.
Thanks.
[This message has been edited by blownintegra (edited July 09, 2000).]
-
July 10th, 2000, 04:12 AM
#18
Senior Hostboard Member
Trust me gang... this deal IS too good to be true !!!
I hope that no "FI" members get burned by this deal.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
July 10th, 2000, 03:15 PM
#19
Inactive Member
Unless this guy is laundering drug money, there is no way he can sell the JRSC for $2000. Even if you get 100 people to buy it there is no way.
If it is too good to be true, then it probably is.
------------------
00 Naples Gold 3.2TL
-
July 13th, 2000, 04:12 AM
#20
Inactive Member
Guys, i'm pretty sure this is LEGIT. Cause I bought a 5Zigen Fireball Catback Exhaust from them for $375! And everything else they sell is CHEAPer than normal!
Oh, if you live in CALI, here is their ADDRESS if you wanna see them! Save $100 for the shipping....
Intense Motorsports
2335 Larkspur Ln.
Redding, CA 96002
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks